Pages

Friday, February 11, 2011

Love is In The Air

You should have gotten here from Karenna Colcroft's blog. If you lose your place you can find it at Sensual Secrets blog.

Valentines day is totally awesome! Well, some people don't like it, others do. Too much emphasis is placed on dating on valentines day in the US. But Valentines day should about love, not getting the perfect store bought gift. Your cutie is the most important person in the world to you so learn how to make them feel important. Don't go overboard, instead figure out what they love.

Loving others is the central role we are supposed to fulfill on earth. One of the best ways to love others it to get to know them and learn what they like. Sure, TV commercials tell us we need a diamond from K, or a cute stuffed animal, but the best gift for Valentines day is to show love to another. Whether you've been together with your sweetie for decades or only a few days, pay attention to what they like. If you don't have a babe or hottie to hang with, find someone in your neighborhood or life to love on. Do a favor for them. Roll in their trash cans after trash day, or offer to run to the store for them.

Many men feel that Valentines day is the worst day of the year. They don't know how to buy gifts for their significant other. Anyone who doesn't know your partner can't advise you on a particular gift. Listen to what your partner has to say through out the year. Figure out what their likes and dislikes are.

I personally don't get into jewelery. Figure out what your partner likes and give them that. It could be as simple as a clean house, or as complex as a vacation.

Love is complex, but the emotions are there, you just have to access them. Think about how your partner makes you feel and express that. Give love this Valentines day!

Now you should go to Quillia Rain's blog to have more Blog Tour Fun!

19 comments:

Karin said...

You make some fabulous points about what Valentine's Day is truly about. It's not about the gifts and all the trappings, it's about the feelings and making sure those you love know you love them.

Qwillia Rain said...

I completely agree, Sara, the holiday should be about expressing your love for your partner, not trying to buy them off.

Thanks for being part of the Valentine's Day Blog Hop/Tour. Have a great weekend.

Qwillia

Venus said...

I think Valentine's Day should be about the love as well not the consumerism -- great post.
I'm totally enjoying the hop!

Lisa Fox said...

You make some great point Sara. And I love, love, LOVE that picture. Red is my favorite color! :)

Happy Valentine's Day!

Stacey Kennedy said...

Okay, I got stuck on that picture for a while! LOL! He's smokin!! Awesome blog, Sara!!

Jean P said...

I liked your post, you hit on many points about what Valentine's Day is all about. Was quite captivated by the pic!

joder said...

I like the way you think! And for me, it's the little things your lover does all year long that shows they really care. Taking out the trash without being asked, checking the oil and tire pressure on the car and warming it up on a cold morning are the real proof of love.

joderjo402 AT gmail DOT com

Andrea said...

Thanks for reminding us that it's the feelings, not the gifts, etc.

lillielbue613@gmail.com

desitheblonde said...

my valentine i am doing taxes for the town here and me i love to have a great day but work come first and then your books are great and hope you do do good this year

Rae M. said...

...Oh what... there were words that came after the pretty, pretty picture you say. Must have missed them!

But I agree people try to generalize the entire holiday into the "typical" valentine's day, instead of actually thinking it through. Nice to see others realize this too.

Thanks for the pict...I mean comments!

rachaelgwen(at)yahoo(dot)com

Pommawolf said...

Sara,

You hit the thought right on the head.....*S*
I worked in long term care for many years, and witnessed such sad and lonely faces of my residents each Valentines. It broke my heart. So every year my co-workers and I would do some sneaky planning for all our people...men or women and made sure they had they were not forgotten on that day. We delivered old fashioned valentine cards, candy, and flowers to each and every one. Played the music from their memories, and they had a blast. Made them feel young again and not forgotten. That made my Valentine's Day for many years.
So you right, just doing something nice and thoughtful for someone else is the ticket. That's showing the love....*S* Thank you!

Gabrielle Lee said...

Valentines day is what you make of it not what the gifts make it. A lot of people focus on the gifts which is sad since this is a holiday of love.

Kimberly said...

Yawwwwrrrr! What an awesome sight to greet you when your blog opens Sara!! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm!! And I totally agree with what you've posted here. Valentine's Day should be about your your love, not tokens.

Kim

Jennifer Mathis said...

I myself am hoping for a backrub *hint to my hubby if he stumbles on this ( doubtful he would be hey a girls got to try lol)
meandi09@yahoo.com

booklover0226 said...

And there are so many ways to show your love without going broke! A foot massage, a back massage...all kinds of massages!

Thanks for the blog tour.

Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

Carol L. said...

Love your post Sarah. Very key points. If I'm with the man I love I really don't need anything but time with him.
Carol L
Lucky4750@aol.com

Cathy M said...

Great post, Sara. We always keep it low key, just a couple of favorite's that we pick out for each other.


caity_mack at yahoo dot com

Sherry said...

I agree with most of your post. I think one of the reasons I not a big Valentine's fan it because people will spend money that they can't afford to spend.

sstrode@scrtc.com

Beth said...

I can live without the flowers, candy, jewelry. The gifts I always enjoyed were the cards with a personal message or him going to the effort to get a babysitter so that we could spend some quality time alone(and not just in bed).