Pages

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Sad But True: I'm An Internet Whore by Dawn Prochilo


Many have told me those exact words. Someone recently sent me some off-the-wall sarcastic thoughts and phrases to describe my blogging and Internet whoring.
Including:

• If blogs were like wine...consider Dawne a wino.
• Hi, I'm Dawne, I'm a blog-aholic.
• Dawne Prochilo: For when one blog just isn't enough.

I've even been nominated as President of the Overbloggers Anonymous Club apparently.

There was even post on my personal facebook wall from when I was attending the Lori Foster 7th Annual RAGT this past June. I posted that I had met a fellow attendee who blogged almost as much as I did...the first comment to that post said “Blog Hoe”. That came directly from my husband who was sitting five feet away from me. If I wasn't so involved in searching blogs at that moment I would've smacked him...plus I had a lead on a really cool promo opportunity for one of my fellow Naughty Romance Writers private group members. Blog first, smack later.

I oversee eight blogs daily, post to many of them on a weekly basis, tweet them out daily and organize virtual blog tours for ebook authors. All in a day's work, I guess.

Each morning I wake up around 4am EST and spend about two hours scouring the hundreds of blogs I follow looking for NRW members, reviews, calls for submissions and interesting tidbits to share. Then after working an 8-hour day at the day job...I spend another few hours each evening doing the same thing. Blogs post all throughout the day and I don't want to miss a good feature.

And let's not forget all the blogs I write for other authors as promos for myself...guest blogs, commenting on various blogs and tweeting the blogs for more exposure. It's an endless circle of “whoring”.

But I love it !

I'm just not happy unless I'm connected to the virtual world of publishing. Someone recently told me I had (or they imagined) my laptop conjoined to my hip. Really? Am I THAT bad? Sheesh...maybe I am. But the thrill of helping other authors promote just excites me...yes, excites me.

The tweeting...the comments... all of it- it's such an adrenalin rush for me.


Follow Dawne on her facebook fan page, her blog and her newest blog promoting and bringing together upcoming authors and publishers.

Dawne has five erotic books published, one sex and relationship advice book, oversees and contributes to eight blogs weekly and coordinates five facebook pages and is the lead administrator of a private facebook erotic author's group.

6 comments:

An Open Book said...

Ty for having me guest today Sara- and I have to say...I receive emails, PMs and chat messages from fellow authors daily thanking me for all I do- And to that, I say YW- I love doing what I do
Dawne

Sara York said...

Thanks Dawne. I love the fact that you do so much.

Betty said...

Dawne: an inspiration on how it's done right! Blog blog and blog away..

Liz said...

writing on my Beer Wench blog popped my blogging cherry but I'm starting to get the hang of it in that I don't feel compelled to write an entire newspaper length article for every blog post I agree to write. Hard lesson---my old editor from the Hamilton Journal News is spinning in his grave at the thought of a 3 'graph "post"....but it saves brain cells for certain! keep up the great work Dawne. you are inspiring AND in Michigan. Bonus!

Kellie Kamryn said...

We all love that you help us so much! I too scour blogs first thing in the morning and at night. I like helping others and getting my own stuff out there. I'm not as savvy as you of course :) Dawne you are the master *bows down*

An Open Book said...

Ty Betty, Kellie, Sara and Liz- I appreciate all you do for me too