Pages

Friday, November 25, 2011

Flash Fiction Friday - The Tub

Time for another marvelous Flash Fiction Friday.  FFF is 100 words inspired by a photo. I hope you enjoy this week's stories.

The writing was on the wall and the sheet. Nick's blood didn't lie. Michael, Rafe and Gresh knew they'd screwed up.

Rafe dipped his hand into the water and checked the temp. Cold. They should have stayed with Nick instead of going out partying.

"Gresh, get your clothes on. The cops will be here soon."

"Shit, Michael, we're doomed," Gresh said.

"His blood spelled it out. It was his old lover, Brian. The cops have to believe us," Rafe said.

“Idiot, the cops don’t have to believe anything,” Gresh said.

“Grab your things, we need to run,” Michael said.

Remember to view more Flashers.

15 comments:

Jade said...

Run for your life!! he's right you know, the cops won't believe them!!
Great post!

Erika said...

Great post Sara. I agree with Jade, the cops aren't going to believe shit! Run!
Love your take on the pic

Lisa Worrall said...

very good - shivers

Bonni S. said...

Great post Sara. Loved it. Btw Did they get away?

Sara York said...

I have no clue if they got away, Bonni. But I think a short story might be coming from it. Paranormal set on another world kind of story where the blood of the victim writes names on the nearest object. Hmmmm, interesting possibility

LunaEllaAldora said...

Run!! Sara, what a fascinating concept the blood on the walls telling the story. A way for the victim to reach out from the great Beyond. You should definitely develop that idea further!

yvonnenicolas said...

Blood on the walls. Wow. That was suspenseful. I didn't want it to end. I need to know what happened. :o)

gemma parkes said...

Not so fast, get back here and face the consequences! Great 100!

Anonymous said...

Great post Sara. It begs for a longer story. I just love a crime drama and sexy men! Patti Logan

VenusBookluvr said...

Great job! I want to know what happens next.

Sherri Hayes said...

I could see this expanded into an action packed story. Great FFF. :)

Sara York said...

Thanks everyone. I think it will have to be a short story now.

Havan said...

I was looking for the like button on your comment of making this a short story! lol

Please and thank you and I'm waiting - I would say patiently but I won't lie to you! :D Love this FFF!

Lee Brazil said...

No! Running is a sure sing of guilt! *sigh* Great post!

Author Cyril J. Michael said...

Such intensity. Great job!