Pages

Friday, January 13, 2012

Flash Fiction Friday Illegal Liaisons


Hope you enjoy my take on this photo. Each week a group of us write Flashes. Click here for more.

“It isn’t fair,” Lisa said.

“The virus wiped out most of the female population, we just have to be careful. They wouldn’t understand.” Karin kissed Lisa again, brushing her lips over Lisa's worried brow.

“I hate being a fucking breeder. Seventy four of us and we’re just breading rats. No life. No love.”

“I love you.” Karin kissed her again.

“Yes, and I love you, but we can’t be together.”

“I hear someone coming,” Karin whispered.

They separated, Lisa’s heart aching.

The door opened, a tall dark man stepped in. “Number fifty one, it’s your turn.”

Tears filled Lisa’s eyes. Her turn to breed.

For more FFF's click here.

17 comments:

Jean said...

Very clever and interesting take on this picture. You started a real story and made me want to know more. Well done!

Naomi said...

So different and a great post! Loved it.

Jade said...

Oh, this is awful!! poor women! I bow in front of your imagination.... Great post

ERP said...

Well Damn, Sara! I feel for those women. Write more, Sara! Well done.

Muffy Wilson said...

A teasingly delightful beginning to what could be a terrific story. Keep it up, Sara, I loved it:) xo

Bonni S. said...

Very different. I loved your take on the photo. I wouldn't want to be a breeder.

gemma parkes said...

Great take on the picture Sara, poor things!

Yvonne Nicolas said...

Wow, that was so sad. That was a unique take on the image and it pulled me right on in. I felt the moment like I was there. Wonderful post Sara!

Benjamin Tiberius Russell said...

Gosh Sara, this is such an unique twist on the picture. I am blown away by your creativity. You went beyond the obvious and you created a story within the story. That's not easy to do in only 100 words, but you nailed it. Bravo - I tip my hat to an accomplished author.

Cathy in AK said...

Loved it!

Sara York said...

Thanks everyone. I had fun writing it. Maybe I can make it into a book and it will be my first leap into F/F

Lee Brazil said...

Oh, now...that sucks. No one should be forced to breed unwillingly. Great post Sara- are you building this world somewhere? Sounds like a post apocalyptic nightmare.

Rolling Muse In The Roses said...

Wow! This could def be a full story. Makes me curious as to what happens to them. Awesome job.

VenusBookluvr said...

So much sadness! What a unique take on the picture. Fantastic FFF.

Author Cyril J. Michael said...

I think you have the idea for a fantastic story and I for one can't wait to read it.

I'm hooked.

Luna Ella Aldora said...

This one made me sad. I hope they find a way out! Bravo for thinking beyond the picture, though.

BLMorticia said...

Very interesting take Sara, I loved how different yours is. Nicely done