Pages

Thursday, February 2, 2012

Flash Friday Fiction TJ Klune

Each week me a a few other writers take a photo and write a 100 word story about that picture. I hope you enjoy todays Flash. Huge thanks to TJ Klune for being my guest today. He's been a great sport and had no idea what I would write. I hope you enjoy todays FFF. If you would like to see more Flashes click here.

TJ hung over Brent, pain welled up inside. His lover was dead. He'd end up in jail if the cops figure out he'd been here, but he couldn’t leave Brent to the darkness.

His heart ached and his ears rang. Brent was gone. His mother always said tears healed, but he felt no better after crying for an hour. Not caring that his DNA was all over the scene, TJ fell asleep with his arms wrapped protectively around Brent.

TJ woke to someone speaking.

"Babe, what's wrong?" Brent asked.

TJ jumped, his heart racing, "You were dead. How the hell?"



A big thanks to TJ. He had no idea what I was going to write today. Please thank him by checking out his books.


Book One of the Elementally Evolved series

Set in a world that closely resembles our own, Burn is a story of redemption and betrayal, of family and sacrifice, which leads to the greatest question of all: how far would you go to save the ones you love?

Fifteen years ago, Felix Paracel killed his mother with fire that shot from his hands. Since then, he has hidden from forces bent on exploiting him and his fire and wind Elemental abilities. But Felix’s world is about to change, because he is Findo Unum—the Split One—and his coming has been foretold for generations.

Though Felix’s arrival brings great joy to the Elemental world, it also heralds a coming darkness. No one knows this better than Seven.—Seven, the mysterious man who rescued Felix from that horrible fire years ago and then disappeared; Seven, who has returned to claim what’s rightfully his: Felix’s heart. But even as Felix begins to trust Seven and his feelings about his place in the world, the darkness reveals itself, bringing consequences no one could have predicted.

Purchase Burn

20 comments:

Jade said...

so what happened? Was he really dead? Or is he some kind of creature? I want to know more!!

Naomi said...

Ohh what's the story? I need more. Great post

Yvonne Nicolas said...

Whoa, that's scary. You think someone is dead and they suddenly start talking to you. This had a paranormal feel to it. Awesome post!

Cassandre Dayne said...

AWESOME - I love the waking up part - so cool!!

gemma parkes said...

Oh, l'm glad he woke! Poignant post.

Benjamin Tiberius Russell said...

I think TJ needs to get the hell out of town. Usually, when the undead first wake up, they're hungry. Now that I think about it, this doesn't have to be a paranormal story - or does it?

C R Guiliano said...

Wow, love this. The emotion is intense for such a short read. And a hanger....need more.

Bonni S. said...

What happened next? I want to know. Was he not sdead to begin with or was he dead and came back to life and if he did, is he a zombie? Soooo many questions. Great post!

kendeldavi said...

Very nice flash, Sara! The ending was great!

BLMorticia said...

Well done Sara. Loved it!

Lee Brazil said...

Oh, creepy sweet! Great post!

Sancre Darling aka S.E. Darling said...

You are not dead til you are really dead. But you had me there for a minute...whew! Fantastic hang..lol

Norma Nielsen said...

Awesome as usual.

VenusBookluvr said...

Oh, I'm hooked! I'm hooked!

Jp Archer said...

OOh good cliff hanger Sara. Thank you for the flash. I LIKED it! Also, thank you for a little inspiration. Your comment on my flash gave me an idea. So, stay tuned. There may be more of Eric and Lance to come. Love Ya! Good work. Your should take your own advice on this one too. PS. Burn sounds like a great book.

Lisa Worrall said...

Nice

Author Cyril J. Michael said...

Fantastic FFF!

Sherri Hayes said...

What a happy surprise. :)

Rolling Muse In The Roses said...

I want to know more! Is he an immortal? Def have me curious. :)

hauntedeyeball said...

Great teaser piece here, and like the others I'd love to know more about what happened. But it works really well as a complete moment, so it's a perfect flash fiction, too.

Also, the photos on this page are all very easy on the eye, just what I need on a Monday morning!