Pages

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Male and Manga Blog Hop

I admit I'm not much into Manga but I am into Male/Male fiction. I love putting two men together and seeing the fireworks. This week I was honored to be entrusted with the release of IRM's first ever anthology, Hot Summer Fun. 10 authors came together to create 10 wonderful stories with the central theme of summer.  It's fun, flirty, fierce in some spots and very much full of sex. Here's a little tidbit from Hot Summer Fun and Working Stiff. I hope you enjoy.

Remember to leave a comment to be entered to win an ecopy of one of my Sara York books.

Excerpt from Working Stiff.

Zach reached out and grabbed Josh’s arm, halting Josh’s steps. He didn’t breathe, didn’t move. He didn’t turn to look at Zach for fear of what he would find. Finally, after a long moment of both of them standing silently together, Zach’s hand burning where he’d made contact, Josh slid his gaze toward Zach, their eyes locked, and it felt as though the ground shook. Zach’s dark stare spoke of lust and wild times--and sex.
Josh gazed into Zach’s eyes, searching for something to grasp onto, a small flicker of deception to indicate Zach didn’t care, or maybe a bit of teasing, or something else, like revile or hate, but he didn’t see any of that. Instead, carnal desire stared back at him, leaving Josh unsure which would be worse, going home not knowing how sweet Zach’s lips tasted or turning and brushing his mouth over Zach’s lush lips.
A bird cawed above and the sounds of animals in the trees around them broke the silence but neither of them moved. Heat grew between them, leaving Josh with a boner that wouldn’t be tamed by the loose shorts he wore. He leaned in, ever so slightly, enough for Zach to know he would return the kiss if offered but not enough he couldn’t save face if Zach pushed back, telling him to fuck off.
Josh noticed the change in Zach’s eyes milliseconds before the guy attacked him, pulling him close, his lips pressing into Josh’s, his hands fumbling for a good spot, turning Josh in the process so they were plastered up against each other. For the first three seconds surprise made Josh stupid. He kept his eyes open, his mouth closed and his body stiff, but after a moment he relaxed into Zach, letting his boss pull him close, opening his mouth and welcoming the swipe of Zach’s tongue. He tasted a hint of coffee and donuts and a good dose of Zach, so sweet and amazing Josh couldn’t help but groan, probably louder than he’d intended to.
Zach pressed in harder, one hand going to the back of Josh’s head, holding him in place. Zach slowed the kiss, the urgency lessened. A trill of excitement wove through Josh when Zach tenderly tugged his earlobe. The kiss ended but Zach didn’t let him go. With foreheads together, Josh breathed in deep, sniffing in the dark and woodsy masculine scent that was Zach. He shivered, his body melting against Zach’s. This man smelled just like a man should smell, exciting the heck out of Josh.

Purchase Hot Summer Fun at Amazon or ARe.

Remember to leave a comment to be entered to win an ecopy of one of my books.

32 comments:

Anonymous said...

I noticed Hot Summer Fun on the TRS Release Party site tonight...it looks fantastic! Great hop already, and thank you for the giveaway!

vitajex(at)aol(dot)com

amilyn said...

Yep, yaoi or m/m, however you word it, it's all good! ;)

Working stiff sounds good!

lina7391(at)hotmail(dot)com

TT Kove said...

Hi Sara,

I'm not too much into manga either, though I do enjoy it from time to time.

Good excerpt! ^__^

Yvette said...

I purchased Hot Summer Fun and am enjoying it. I am a fan pm M/M but have never read manga/anime. I am going to try it out though.
Yvette
yratpatrol@aol.com

Miaever said...

I've been trying to get the eBook since I heard about it but my computer need an extra hardrive to deal with all the yaoi and M/M books I currently have!

Gomezmruiz5@gmail.com

Miaever said...

I've been trying to get the eBook since I heard about it but my computer need an extra hardrive to deal with all the yaoi and M/M books I currently have!

Gomezmruiz5@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Hot Summer Fun has some great authors, so great to have a chance at it, thanks. Not read manga so hoping to learn something of it on this blog tour

Suze
Littlesuze at hotmail dot com

Tali Spencer said...

What a nice hot excerpt to start my morning! I love both manga and m/m romance, the best of all worlds. :)

tali.spencer1atgmail.com

MA Church said...

Hot Summer Fun looks... well, hot! I know more about M/M than yaoi, but I might be changing that after this hop.

~M
nomoretears00@hotmail.com

Lilly Jones said...

Great excerpt! The anthology sounds- well really hot! I have a feeling most of my money this summer is going to end up going toward mm romance!

Lillywriting@gmail.com

Tabatha Hansen said...

I love yaoi anime and manga! I also love my M/M romance stories! Basically put two men together and see how the fall in love and I'm a happy camper :)

Thank you for the giveaway!
Tabatha Hansen
mmparanormalromance@gmail.com
mmparanormalromance.wordpress.com

Jadette Paige said...

Love the excerpt! Intense.

Love both M/M and Yoai!

Reagan said...

Cool excerpt :) I'm slowly starting to uncover the awesomeness that is Yaoi!
Thanks for the post, love your writing!

~ R
reagz21@gmail.com

Crissy Morris said...

Love the excerpt! Can't wait to read it! I love m/m fiction :)

morris.crissy@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the giveaway. I was at the TRS release hop and enjoyed the many excerpts from Hot Summer Fun, which has many different and interesting short stories.

J.
strive4bst at yahoo dot com

nancy said...

Sounds really good, count me in.

Hayley B. James said...

Thank you for participating in the hop. Fantastic excerpt!! :)

NightTempest said...

I love Manga, but I love M/M Romance equally, if not more. :D Thanks for the post and that excerpt left me wanting more. Looks great!

~Night

NightTempestBlog@gmail.com

AJ said...

Congrats on the release! I havent read Manga either but I'm going to check it out. Sounds fun!

angietate2002@yahoo.com

AJ

Kim Fielding said...

Thanks for the excerpt! It looks like lots of fun.
Dephalqu@yahoo.com

Cliffgirl said...

This book sounds wonderful, and the excerpt was intriguing. I enjoy the Wednesday Briefs that many m/m authors, including you, publish on their blogs, so this looks like a version you can download and take to the beach- as long as it isn't a busy beach.

sinkopation8@hotmail.com

Juliana said...

Thanks so much for participating! I don't really do yaoi but I am all about MM!
OceanAkers @ aol.com

tonycan2 said...

Congrats on the release of IRM's anthology. This blog hop has definitely broadened my horizons. Something that I am going to have to research and read up on those authors.

More importantly, Wow! Your except has my full attention. If this is what M/M romance has to offer, this is going to be an exciting time for me as I dive into this new world.

As I mentioned on Hayley James' blog, my start was Yaoi and the dream of being an aspiring writer is only further motivated by such novels like yours. Thanks for the motivation because you can't go wrong with M/M relationship whether that be in novel form or glorious manga/anime.

tony_can2@hotmail.com

Erica Pike said...

Thanks for the excerpt, Sara! Looks great ^.^

Erica

eripike at gmail dot com

Minty-chan said...

Whoo, what an excerpt~ *fans self*
Tension FTW!

I'm a newbie to M/M novels, but more than ready to try them. I've been primed by yaoi for years. :D

chibiminty@gmail.com

Pender Mackie said...

Hi, Sara. The excerpt sounds great. Hope you're having as much fun participating in the blog hop as I am.

Emily said...

I'm a fan of both manga and m/m romance. That's why I love yaoi!! Anyways, thanks for participating!!

tiger-chick-1(at)hotmail(dot)com

booklover0226 said...

I'm a big yaoi manga and anime fan. I also love m/m novels, romance, mystery, fantasty, etc.

Working Stiff sounds good; I must add it to my wish list.

Thanks,
Tracey D
booklover0226 at gmail dot com

~Ley said...

Good excerpt! I'm already enjoying this hop. Thanks for participating!

Ashley E
ashley.vanburen[at]gmail[dot]com

Krowhop said...

Thank you so much for sharing, it's going on my 'list for when I have money and can afford to buy more books'. It is a long list... but one that I am determined to cross off. Thanks again!

Manda
Krowhop@gmail.com

Sara York said...

Thanks for your participation everyone. Last weekend I moved into a new house, it was crazy. Crissy Morris is the winner from my blog. Thanks for participating.

Kriss Morton said...

Oh you should see my shelf, my fiance has me on a budget, it is my dirt little secret and I love all my Yaoi. The local gal at the Comic Shop hooks me up monthly knowing what I read and what the budget is so I always get the latest! NICE peak, this is on my shelf BTW and I had not heard about this so now I am going to be watching the hop!