Pages

Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sub Zero – New M/M Science Fiction and A Contest! Angel Martinez is in the house!



I'm excited to have Angel Martinez on my blog today. Please leave a comment because if you do, you'll be entered!!!


Did we mention there was a contest? Stick around for the end of this blog for a chance to win your very own copy of Sub Zero.

Everyone has a favorite SF moment. Oh, come on. Even people who say “Oh, I don’t watch those kinds of things” will still tell you they say Alien or Star Wars or even Contact. If you had a childhood, there is a science fiction moment in your past.

HAL the computer: “I’m sorry, Dave, I’m afraid I can’t do that.”

Ripley to Alien Queen: “Get away from her, you bitch!”

Dying Spock to Kirk: “I have been, and always shall be, your friend.”

Leia to Han: “I love you!” Han: “I know.”

Marty McFly: “Are you telling me you built a time machine... out of a DeLorean?”

You got the picture. Movie. You know what I mean. Science fiction has a lot of faces, a lot of moods and voices, more flavors than a Jelly Belly store. Those of us who understand know, and defend our science fiction with sometimes-fanatic vociferousness. Those of you who don’t…try some. Try another. Find the flavor you like. Don’t be scared. It’s just aliens, time travel, and interstellar mutual destruction.

Angel’s new book, Sub Zero, is available now over at Amber Allure:

By Angel Martinez
M/M Science Fiction

Always send the right man for the job. Even if he’s been dead for a hundred years…




What’s that? We promised a contest? Oh, yes, I believe you’re right. Here’s the deal – for an eBook copy (your choice of format) of Sub Zero:

  1. Leave a comment below with your favorite science fiction moment
  2. Using one of the ones above is cheating – pick another :D
  3. Only comments with an SF moment and an email address to contact you if you win will be considered



4 comments:

Mel Tackett said...

Eureaka - Allie to Jack - 'Chaos is our life, when better to get married!'. I am not sure if that is a direct quote, I have only seen the episode once, hasn't repeated yet. But I loved the scene.

Karana34@yahoo.com

Loved each of the quotes above, know each one very well can see each scene perfectly.

Melissa

Julie Lynn Hayes said...

I grew up a long time ago, and I absolutely adored Lost in Space. My favorite moment was any that included Doctor Smith and Will Robinson. Despite Dr. Smith's flaws, he was a better parent to Will than John Robinson, and spent more time with him.

Favorite quote: "Danger, Will Robinson, danger!"

shelley_runyon@yahoo.com

The only thing worth mentioning about the '98 film was that Gary Oldman played a fabulous Dr. Smith.

After that, I choose, "Klaatu, barada, nikto" from the Day the Earth Stood Still, with Michael Rennie (who played the Keeper in an episode of Lost in Space).

Thanks for the memories, Angel!

Sarah said...

I love SciFi ... Dr Who, Star Trek ... Buck Rogers my friends often tease me about it (good naturedly of course)

It's rare to find a good sci Fi mm book look forward to reading this

Sarah S

Sarahs7836(at)gmail(dot)com

Angel Martinez said...

And our winner is Mel! I will email you later today about sending :)