Pages

Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Next Big Thing

Hi Everyone, 

What is your working title of your book? 
Sweet Happenings

Where did the idea come from for the book?
I was talking to my husband about the first few lines of my book and realized that my character was a baker. His bakery is called Sweet Happenings. The entire idea for the book came from this little line. 

"Listen, I'll come by tomorrow for my dishes."
The rage built, boiling through his veins, forcing Matt to his feet. "The dishes?"
Jason flinched. It was the first thing he'd said in the last hour, and maybe yelling hadn't been the right thing to do, the hand waving a little too much, but there was no fucking way in hell that Jason was touching those dishes.
Jason shrugged as he took a step back. "Yeah, I love those dishes."
"You fucking bastard!" Matt clenched his fists. "My grandmother gave me those dishes long before I knew you."


What genre does your book fall under?
It's going to be a very sweet MM story in the IRM On Valentine's Day anthology

Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a movie rendition?
Um, I'm not sure. Maybe Bradley Cooper. He's very sexy.


What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
As a baker, Matt knows sweet, but when he meets Robert, sweetness is redefined, leaving him wanting more than just a one time taste.

Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency?

The story will be in the IRM Anthology this Valentines day.

How long did it take you to write the first draft of your manuscript?

I'm still working on it. Only a few more days and it will be done. It's a short, so a couple of days.

What other books would you compare this story to within your genre?

It's a lot like Before the Proposal.

Who or what inspired you to write this book?

Love stories are special to me. I long for others to find happiness.

What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?

On Valentine's Day will include many of the top MM authors. There will be many great stories included.

Rawiya invited me to participate in her hop. Please Visit Taboo Indeed and see her answers.

No comments: