Pages

Tuesday, May 14, 2013

IRM Anthologies - It's been a great year!

A little over a year ago a few authors said What if? We didn't stay at the pie in the sky stage for long but began actually planning what would later become four anthologies produced by IRM. I took the lead; becoming editor, cover artist, and publisher for all four books. The experience has been bittersweet, painful, beautiful, exhausting, and wonderful. I've lost sleep, pulled my hair out, cried and laughed over these books.


In the wonderful category, Winter Heat won Best Anthology of 2012. I'm so proud of the authors from Winter Heat. I can't express how amazing it was for a book I edited to win this award. As an author, I'm stoked that my story, Changing Currency, was part of an anthology that won Best Anthology. If you haven't taken the time to read Winter Heat you should, it really is a great collection of stories that will warm your heart.

In this process I've been able to work with some great authors. I've become close to many of you and can't wait to see you at the next author event. Many of the authors have become fast friends who I depend on and enjoy chatting with. They've brightened my horizons and made this experience worthwhile.

Tomorrow the fourth and final anthology that we began planning over a year ago will be available. I'm glad that this stage is done, a little sad that it's over, but relieved that I won't have to go through producing another book this way again.

To all of the authors who have participated, thank you for trusting me with your story. A Shot at Forever, my contribution to Men of Honor, is about love, loss and maybe finding something great. My portion of the royalties from Men of Honor will be donated to a local charity that focuses on helping military guys and giving them support. I hope you enjoy Men of Honor.


Purchase Men of Honor at Amazon, ARE

No comments: